Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Theodorable


Lately I have found myself really grateful for this cute little kiddo.

Maybe because it was about this time of year nearly 5 years ago I found myself crying at the drop of the hat every time I paused to think about the fact that before the summer was out I would have 4 kids 5 years and under.

Maybe it had something to do with the fact that we had just picked up and moved our 3 little kids all the way across the country to live with my parents while we tried to figure out why were supposed to be back in this place we now call home and hadn't factored in another baby only 18 months after the last one.

It could have been the hormones . . .

But now, when that cherub comes blowing into the kitchen or family room or laundry room shouting "mom, mom, mom . . . I love you" and throws his arms around me like he hasn't seen me in weeks -
or he spontaneously takes a break from his pals and latest "bad guy hunt" to say "Mom, I like you" - I can't help but thank my Heavenly Father for sending that little guy our way.

Tom loves it when Theo runs through the kitchen or office and yells "hey, Dad" just to get Tom to look over long enough for Theo to give him a big smile and head on his way. The older kids all fight for his attention, because he loves them just as much.

He is a giant part of the reason that Ben can speak and socialize and function at all. Theo hasn't ever let Ben's hang ups get in the way of playing together. He can go from Legos with Spencer to rainbows and ponies with September and on to blasters and airplanes with Ben inside of an afternoon several times - often playing with all of them at once. He's like super glue for our family.

None of us can imagine our little family without him - another reason I am glad I wasn't in charge of that decision - all I could see when I stared at that positive pregnancy test was stress when, in fact, it was a giant dose of God's love - The Adore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this Shelley! Theo was so little when I moved away, I feel like I haven't gotten to know him as well as the other kids. This is a great insight.

Remember Him - He never forgets you

WMak