It is almost unreal - but the day finally came.
A little girl had her day in the sun - the first of many I hope.
Saturday, March 28th, 2009 September was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
It was an utterly perfect day. Full of sunshine and people we love all gathered around our little girl to witness and rejoice at her decision to begin her journey as a member of the church and to allow the Comforter the opportunity to be a constant partner in her life.
The music was beautiful, it was so sweet to see her and her two other friends who were also baptized on the same day, a tender mercy reminding me how blessed we are to be in this area, surrounded by good people, and good friends for our children. The spoken word added to the spirit and the blessings bestowed upon her were so touching.
But the thing I will remember about that day for the rest of my life is how high that little girl skipped.
When I got to the church, she and her dad were already dressed in white and family members were arriving. I asked her and her dad to pose for a quick picture and September skipped like she had wings on her feet all the way to the foyer where I snapped the above photo.
Everywhere she went she skipped. It seemed as if she would fly off into the sky.
It was so appropriate for a little girl who had waited as long as she could remember to be baptized. All the burdens an 8 year-old could carry had been lifted from her shoulders and every step (skip) she took was evidence of the joy she felt.
It was a near perfect day.
Perfect would have been all of our family members from far and near in attendance and a mom who remembered to take more than one picture.
Dang
It's a good thing we have memories.
Hopefully someone else will have mercy on me and share any of their pictures from the day with us.
Oh well,
the most important part is done.
And this little angel is on her way.
3 comments:
It truly was a very sweet day! From the Spirit that was there during the opening exercises to the Spirit that poured into the room as the kids sang primary songs to us as we waited for Tember to get dried and dressed after her baptism. The confirmation was neat and I loved hearing that September is here to help her Heavenly Father with many different tasks that He has in store for her. Thank you for letting me be part of one of the sweetest days! I love you all!
Steph
Sounds like a wonderful day! I very much wish I could have been with you.
Love, Micah.
I can't believe how old she is. I guess not seeing people very often they tend to not ever grow up. What a great day and a great memory to have forever.
Post a Comment