Sunday, October 31, 2010

Landing - for a time

Traded in the little white house for the little yellow and green one.

The past few weeks have been full of crazy.

It has been a slow process - we had to be out on the 6th of October.
And the family who's home we have moved into weren't completely
out the day we moved in so we all felt a bit on top of each other for awhile.
Luckily we all get along really well - especially the kids, so it is more funny
 than frustrating.

We were grateful for the help of church members the night we moved - we
couldn't have done it without them.

The unpacking has been slow as I injured what I thought was my shoulder moving heavy furniture
so many times in such a short period. It has made typing and writing an talking on the
phone a bit painful so please accept my apologies on not being better at staying in touch.
I saw an Orthopedic Surgeon last week who quickly figured out that the pain in my shoulder was actually my muscles compensating for a crushed disk in my upper back. 

I can't remember ever being in enough pain to nearly pass out -

until that Ortho pressed on my back then gave me a couple of cortisone shots.

Luckily, the home owner of the place we are renting is a Physical Therapist with his main office just up our street (yep, walking distance) and I am doing much better after many days of physical therapy (3 days a week!).  

Otherwise, we are settling in. The 3 boys are sharing a room and a bathroom. Tember has her own room (she will share it when grandma's and friends come to visit) and she shares a bathroom with Tom & I.

The home owner & his dad just finished building an office for Tom in the garage and we are, for the most part, amazed that we can fit in 1600 square feet. The back patio is still full of empty boxes we aren't sure what to do with and there is a small pile of boxes in the living room. Those will be unpacked as I figure out where to put pictures and when we get some book cases.

The house is in need of some paint and a few repairs and there is this little ant problem . . . but we are trying to take it all in stride and are incredible grateful for good renters of our own back in Salt Lake.

Below are a few pics of the home we left behind -
super groovy stove - that also included the ONLY outlet in the kitchen.


 and a totally retro oven - previous owner never used it - she stored newspapers in it (???)
The little too detailed mermaid on the tub/shower door we really don't miss.

along with the strange cabinets in the bathroom

1 comment:

Deanna E. said...

I always admire how positive you are Shelley! I hope things are going well for you and your family in your new yellow and green house!

I hope your shoulder is better!Thank goodness for cortisone! It works like magic!

Remember Him - He never forgets you

WMak